Re: Can't dial up

I have been working along these lines, but I am thinking of another
approach, can anybody see any problems with this idea.

Since I will need the "pointy clickey" KDE thing to sell my fiance on
swithcing to linux, I really want to get that working.

IT allows choices ttys0 through ttys3, my modem is on ttys4 according
to wmdialconf.  How about this idea....

I go into bios and disable com2, which I have nothing plugged in on (I
have a PDA I plug from time to time on com1.)

reboot, and hope that the one disabled com port with cause the modem's
com port to "slide down" into com4, which should be ttys3 in "linux
mode."

Try to use K's point-click interface.

Is there any "watch outs" I need to know for trying this strategy?!

thanks!
---
Scotty