Moving_Installed_Files

Greetings ....

  If I move installed files from their original
  apt-get install target locations, is there a
  a simple way to redirect the package managers
  to cope with these path changes for future
  updates/upgrades of a particular package ?

  For example, I've installed the  python2.3-qt3  package
  under Debian/Sarge and moved all of the associated files
  into a  NEW  dir within the  /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages  dir
  and added a necessary  .pth  file to compliment the python
  search rules ....

  So far, this seems to function as expected in the  python/qt  zone,
  e.g., all of the  python/qt  demos still work, but I'm wondering
  how to deal with future updates/upgrades ....

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being