Re: First general purpose unmoderated newsgroup for Debian

Marco d'Itri wrote:

rschroev_nospam_ml@fastmail.fm wrote:

Is there a consensus about that? I mean, I've seen many people say that the newsgroup gateway is unidirectional (from mailinglist to gateway), and my own experience confirms that.

This is not a matter of opinions: the linux.debian.* mail2news gateway
*IS* bidirectional, full stop.

I posted a test message as a follow-up to your message to the newsgroup
at 15:32 UTC. It appeared almost immediately on the newsgroup, but it
still hasn't appeared on the mailing list (it's 18:44 UTC now, that more
than 3 hours later).

Not meaning to offend you, I'm just trying to clear this issue up once
and for all.

It might very well be that I did something wrong, or that my ISP has its
news server badly configured. If any of that is the case, please tell me
the nature of the problem so I can take steps to solve it.
If something else is wrong, I would also very much like to learn the
nature of the problem.

I can post the whole message as it appears in the newsgroup, if that can
be of any help.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven