Re: First general purpose unmoderated newsgroup for Debian

begin  Roel Schroeven <rschroev_nospam_ml@fastmail.fm> dedi ki:
> Marco d'Itri wrote:
>> rschroev_nospam_ml@fastmail.fm wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a consensus about that? I mean, I've seen many people say that
>>>the newsgroup gateway is unidirectional (from mailinglist to gateway),
>>>and my own experience confirms that.
>>
>> This is not a matter of opinions: the linux.debian.* mail2news gateway
>> *IS* bidirectional, full stop.
>
> I posted a test message as a follow-up to your message to the newsgroup
> at 15:32 UTC. It appeared almost immediately on the newsgroup, but it
> still hasn't appeared on the mailing list (it's 18:44 UTC now, that more
> than 3 hours later).
>
> Not meaning to offend you, I'm just trying to clear this issue up once
> and for all.
>
> It might very well be that I did something wrong, or that my ISP has its
> news server badly configured. If any of that is the case, please tell me
> the nature of the problem so I can take steps to solve it.
> If something else is wrong, I would also very much like to learn the
> nature of the problem.
>
> I can post the whole message as it appears in the newsgroup, if that can
> be of any help.

Roel your message is threaded into wrong place (under Paul's
<2zngN-5wD-3@gated-at.bofh.it> message) at news.individual.net server.
Also your first message does not appear at this server.

Though it appears twice at freenews.netfront.net, one at the place stated
above, and the other at the right place. Also your first message appears
here.

--
Abdullah        | aramazan@ |
Ramazanoglu     | myrealbox |