raid 1 setup.

I'm trying to get raid 1 going on my Sarge unstable box.

When I installed raidltools2 and mdadm doing a /proc/mdstat gave the following

root@post2:/etc/network# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md2 : active raid1 ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part3[1]
     3148672 blocks [2/1] [_U]

md1 : active raid1 ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part2[1]
     7269312 blocks [2/1] [_U]

md0 : active raid1 ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part1[1]
     25728000 blocks [2/1] [_U]

The thing is I have yet to create any md devices and my

/etc/raidtab   <-which raidtools doesn't use - but I checked anyway
/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

files are empty..

How do I get rid of these bogus md devices? I'm at a loss as to where the are configured, and that mdadm doesn't seem to have a erase or delete function to it