Re: Using LILO on non-linux disk

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, David Baron wrote:

> Right now, my "c" disk is a Win98 disk and my "d" disk has linux and windows
> audio data partitions. I use bootmagic. If I choose linux, I get the LILO
> screen which can boot my linux or do the windows, etc.
>
> Can I use LILO directly, bypassing the bootmagic entirely--that is reference
> lilo.conf to the "c" disk "/dev/hdba" and when I boot, go directly to LILO

"/dev/hdba" is bad ... something whacky ...
	- you should avoid typo mistakes in lilo.conf

windoze is usually /dev/hda1  ( aka C: )  and best to keep it that way on
/dev/hda1

linux hopefully is on a different disk say /dev/hdc

> and choose linux or windows?

yup... lilo can overwrite the MBR to boot either linux or windoze

	- make sure you nave a windoze boot floppy and a linux-boot floppy

lilo.conf examples have info for setting up the dual-boot with windoze
	- watch out for partition numbers

c ya
alvin