xawtv Configuration

Can someone here give me some suggestions on how to get my TV tuner card
(bt878) working with xawtv?

I installed the program and ran scantv already.  scantv found my cable
channels just fine.  However, when I run xawtv, no matter what settings
I set, and no matter what channel I select, all I get is a blue
screen...

http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Geekworks/xawtv-capture.JPG

It almost seems as if xawtv isn't even bothing to read whatever config
file scantv wrote its findings to.

For what it's worth, here's the contents of my .xawtv file...

[global]
ratio = 4:3
freqtab = us-cable
pixsize = 128 x 96
pixcols = 1
jpeg-quality = 75
keypad-ntsc = no
keypad-partial = yes
osd = yes
osd-position = 30 , 20
use-wm-fullscreen = yes

# [Station name]
# capture = overlay | grabdisplay | on | off
# input = Television | Composite1 | S-Video | ...
# norm = PAL | NTSC | SECAM | ...
# channel = #
# fine = # (-128..+127)
# key = keysym | modifier+keysym
# color = #
# bright = #
# hue = #
# contrast = #

[defaults]
group = main
norm = ntsc
input = Television
capture = over
color = 42%
contrast = 39%

[KING-5]
channel = 5

That KING-5 channel entry was one I manually added with motv, which is
giving me the same problem as xawtv.  Back before I had to reinstall
everything, I had the TV tuner working fine.  Unfortunately, I don't
remember which little mystic ritual I had to perform to do it.  :/