Re: Ever solve eject problem?

> I'm running testing. I have two CD drives, both can burn, one
> Sony and one Generic. eject works on sony, but not on generic.
> I believe the problem is with the generic hardware or firmware,
> but I don't have proof. But since one works, I doubt it is a
> Linux software problem.

I find CD drives to be an incredible pain in the ass this way in Linux.
I've had no end of trouble with them.  Fortunately they're cheap.  Recently
I finally gave up struggling with my 4-year-old SCSI 12x4x8 burner, and
bought a new IDE 52x32x52x16 Sony model for about $50.  It works way
better, and way faster.  Well worth it.