Re: HTML editor. What to use?

On Monday 30 August 2004 07:31 am, Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I haven't build HTML pages in years and I'm looking for an editor that
> would allow me to have a quick (re)start. Any recomendations?
>
> Running Sarge here.
>
> thank you for your attention ;-)

A couple I didn't see mentioned.  If you don't really care about the blasted
tags and just want to get it done, regardless of how badly coded the
resulting HTML is, then there's Mozilla composer, or, my preference, Open
Office.

Open Office generates some *very* ghastly HTML, but for my purposes, I don't
really care what the code looks like as long as the finished product comes
out right.  It does.  So I'm liberated from having to screw with all those
@#%#@^ tags.  I'm trying to write something, not program a document.  Yes, I
could do it all by hand, but why should I waste my time?
Quanta/bluefish/etc. aren't much better, since you still have to be very
intimately aware of the tags.  I want to be insulated from the details so I
can concentrate on the real job.  It's hard enough at that.

Anyway, it really just depends on your needs.  All the bases are covered, no
matter what.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/