Re: PE 1600SC ???

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 02:41:31PM -0700, Sergio Basurto wrote:
> I had problems with installation of woody in a
> PowerEdge 1600SC server, I replace the kernel that
> comes as default with the rescue disk with my own
> kernel 2.6.7, the rescue disk is working, but I have
> problems with the root disk. At boot time I receive the
> following error:
>
> ramdisk: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 41944304
I'd guess the ramdisk is too small.

Try (at the boot prompt) linux ramdisk_size=32768

That will make a 32MB ramdisk rather than the default 4MB.

> ext2-fs warning: check time reached running e2fsk is
> recommended.
warning: means it's not an error. This warning means that the disk was
last fscked more than six months ago, and very frequently occurs with
install disks etc.

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
        ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER