Re: KDE 3.3 logout crashes the system

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 03:08:11PM -0400, David Bokan wrote:
> Yes, I am having the same problem with KDE 3.3 and Sid. When I click logout,
> the screen goes black and I can still see my mouse pointer but I can't move
> it. CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE doesn't work. Only resolution is restarting the
> system

1. Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-Delete? If it works, it causes the system to
   gracefully reboot.

2. Try logging in over the LAN or internet. Once you're in, do "sudo telinit 6".

3. If use have to use a cleartext protocol like telnet over the Internet
   or a wireless LAN, it may be a good idea to change your password
   immediately after logging in at the console (keyboard & monitor).

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
        ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER