Re: debian

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:49:35 -0400, Tong <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I can't use eject to eject my cdrom. When issued (even as root), I get:
>
> eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 Aug 18 12:17 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/sr0

Is it a SCSI cd-rom, or are you using the ide-scsi module? If the
former, I don't think there is an ioctl for the sr device for
ejection. If the latter, try switching to the `cdrom' module:

rmmod ide-scsi
modprobe cdrom

(I find its best to have both as modules rather than built-in, for
switching between cd playing and cd recording without a reboot).

--
Jon Dowland
dowland@gmail.com