Re: Houston, I May Have a Problem (chkrootkit Results)

In this case, I would recommend starting from scratch. Save what personal
data you need (avoiding binaries where possible) and reinstall. Afterwards,
set up firewall, IDS (both host-based and network), portscan detector, log
watcher etc.

I wouldn't try to "recover" this installation, I would definitely rebuild
from scratch, doing your build and securing from behind a firewall.

--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                       |
IA Analyst, SysAdmin, Security Engineer    |   storm [at] tux.org
Debian/GNU Linux Developer                 |   storm [at] debian.org
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
Law #5: Weak passwords trump strong security.