Re: Which kernel do i need

Johnny wrote:

Hi
I have installed Debian-3.0r2-i386, I have installed ax25-tools,
ax25-apps, libax25 packages.  And turn around and installed
ax25-config-03.3 package. Now i have been told that I need to compile the kernel for Packet radio work right. I have been googlen and reading how to compile the kernel.
Now I don't know which one to use for ham radio.

Strangely enough, you will find all the instructions you should need about building kernels on the Debian website.

I don't know about ham radio though. However, the notion you actually need to build a kernel seemsa little odd to me; I would expect that the suport you need is already built as a module.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait