Re: Modems for Linux?

csj wrote:

On 27. August 2004 at 10:13AM +0800,
John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> wrote:

Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

My existing dialup modem does not have linux drivers (its one
of those winmodems), and so am planning on buying a new modem
for my machine. I checked around the net for a list of modems
that are known to work with linux (hardware modems preferred,
if not winmodems that do have drivers for linux) ... but
couldn't find anything concrete. Any ideas where I can find
such info?

Any external will do.

Including USB modems?

Perhaps not. I've also heard they're not that good with Windows, though I don't see that that should necessarily be so. Others insist on serial modems, and that is certainly what I had in mind.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait