Re: backup data to CD

Mingzhai Sun <msck9@mizzou.edu> wrote:

|> I am looking for some method to backup my data to CD. I am doing
|> experiments, every day there are new data folders. Let's say I put
|> all my experiments in /home/experiments. It is increasing every
|> day. Also sometimes I may change a certain file in that folder, or
|> drag a file whose time stamp may be very old.
|>
|> I did a full backup, and I want to do increamental backup every
|> week. Are there any method which is suitable for my task?  Before I
|> write it Cd, I 'd also like to write it to another hard disk.

If you look at Marcel Gagné's book `Linux System Administration, A
User's Guide,' you'll find that he provides, in the chapter on
`Backups and Restores,' a very simple shell-script which backs up
selected directories to a storage area on disk, and then burns a CD
image. It's very, very easy to customize this script to your needs.

The whole book is excellent,

Jim