Re: Procmail setup problem

Incoming from Lorenzo Rossi:

> you give me an example concerning how to filter the debian mailing-
> lists, based on "X-Mailing-List:" header that the mail server add to
> messages.
>
> ...But some mailing-lists like "snort-sign", "snort-users",
> "gnupg-devel", do not add the X-headers....

Correct.  X-* headers are not standard, and assumptions about them do
not apply to all mailing lists.

> Do you have some advices to made a "magic" configuration like for
> debian? I suppose you need to analyze an e-mail header as example....
> But if you remember some analogous situations you already examined...

Correct again.  Yes, you do have to analyze headers to nail these
things down.  I think the best way is, give it some where to go _if
your recipe set recognizes it_, and if no recipe recognizes it, it
should fall into your inbox (which is the default).

DON'T create any recipe that delivers to /dev/null yet, no matter how
good you think your recipe is.  Send it to "crap" or something
instead.  Once in /dev/null, there's no going back.

> Il ven, 2004-08-27 alle 00:06, s. keeling ha scritto:
> > Incoming from Lorenzo Rossi:
> > > [snip]
>
> Thk for the teaching...you explain me clear the concept but looking at
> the output in procmail log file I can see the following lines, and a
> doubt arise in my mind... :)

[snip]

> procmail: Score:       1       1 "^To:.*snort-sigs"
> procmail: Score:       0       1 "^Cc:.*snort-sigs"
>
> Focusing on:
>
> procmail: Score:       1       1 "^To:.*snort-sigs"
> procmail: Score:       0       1 "^Cc:.*snort-sigs"
>
> [....]
>
> It seems to me that procmail set the initial value score to 0
> What I'm missing?
> Probably I should read again the procmail docs...

Perhaps we both should.  :-)  Sorry, I don't profess to be an expert.
Those can be found in procmail-users.  I'm just trying to explain what
I've managed to find works for me.  The manpages should give you
better information.

- -