Re: GCC/G++ will not compile i686 binaries when asked.

dking@pimpsoft.com wrote:

That may indeed be it. Is there any known way short of looking a the asm dump of a binary for telling what CPU instructions are used? When asked I was directed to readelf and file and they work great for SPARC based development,
I wouldn't bet on that either:-)

Seems to me your observations may have confirmed your expectations. However, I don't feel like firing up my {,ultra}sparcs to do any testing atm.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait