Re: Getting better screen refresh rate in X?

Paul Gear wrote:

CW Harris wrote:
Typo... Thomas meant 'xvidtune' I'm sure.

Yes - it's been a long time since i've had to use that!  ;-)

One other thought I had, is there any difference in the xserver you are using? Same one? Same version?

I'm pretty sure they're the same major & minor versions (XFree86 4.3),
but i'd imagine that sarge's is more recent.  I'm using the NVIDIA
proprietary driver in both cases, but again, sarge's is probably more
recent.

I have to reboot into my RH drives tonight to copy the last of my data,
so i'll try to get some more information while i'm there and see what i
can come up with.

What does Knoppix do on this hardware?

--

Cheers