Re: Getting better screen refresh rate in X?

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 06:42:33AM +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
> As you can see, the definitions are the same in terms of specs.  I'm
> guessing there is a database of mode definitions somewhere and i need to
> copy the relevant definition from my RHL9 database, but i can't for the
> life of me find where it is.  Any clues?  Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Possibly not. Have a look at using 'xidtune' to fine-tune your settings a
little. Then you can click on 'show' and in the xterm you ran it from, is
outputted a ModeLine. Add that under the 'Section "Monitor"' part of
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (ensuring that you comment out any other modelines that
might be present for the specified resolution), and restart X11.

-- Thomas Adam

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?