Re: Java on Debian

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:24:06PM -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I *KNOW* there are many people writing Java on Debian. What tool do
> you use. If Sun (what I'd prefer) what's the magic to getting it to
> install?

I'm using the Sun SDK here, I followed the excellent guide that can be
found here:

    http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/DEV/Java+on+Debian

and I now have everything working fine, even applets in Firefox. I'd
love to use a free implementation but I doubt it would go down too
well at university if I refused to do an assignment because the class
it used hasn't been implemented by the free software community yet. ;-)

--
Nicholas Lativy
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lativy