Re: Problem with apache installation..!

Based on the version number of apache2 I expect you are using testing?

I had the same problem a few days ago when installing apache2. I did get it installed in the end. I do not know exactly anymore what I did to get it to install. I believe that I manually unpacked apache2-common with dpkg to get the needed configuration files. After this it still didn't work. I had to edit apache2.conf (see posting of me a few days ago) to correct some Include statements. But perhaps it is already corrected by now, because I believe apache2 was updated today (in testing at least).

Ronald

Nayyar Ahmed wrote:
Hello All,
when i am tring to install apache i give me errors of dependency...!
the following are the screan output when i try to install, first when
i query dpkg, it gives.

debian:/home/neenix# dpkg -l | grep apache
ii  apache         1.3.31-3       Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common  1.3.31-3       Support files for all Apache webservers
ii  apache-utils   1.3.31-3       Utility programs for webservers
pF  apache2-common 2.0.49-1       Next generation, scalable, extendable web se
pU  apache2-mpm-pr 2.0.49-1       Traditional model for Apache2
ii  libapache2-mod 4.3.4-4        A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu

but when i want to install apache through apt-get

debian:/home/neenix# apt-get install  apache
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
apache is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 65 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up apache2-common (2.0.49-1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/apache2-common.postinst: line 18:
/etc/apache2/ports.conf: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing apache2-common (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of apache2-mpm-prefork:
 apache2-mpm-prefork depends on apache2-common (= 2.0.49-1); however:
  Package apache2-common is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing apache2-mpm-prefork (--configure):
 apache2-common
 apache2-mpm-prefork

i cant understant it bcoz when i try to install apache2-common or
apache2-mpm-prefork it give me again error , i.e

debian:/home/neenix# apt-get install apache2-common apache2-mpm-prefork
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
apache2-common is already the newest version.
apache2-mpm-prefork is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 65 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up apache2-common (2.0.49-1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/apache2-common.postinst: line 18:
/etc/apache2/ports.conf: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing apache2-common (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of apache2-mpm-prefork:
 apache2-mpm-prefork depends on apache2-common (= 2.0.49-1); however:
  Package apache2-common is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing apache2-mpm-prefork (--configure):
 apache2-common
 apache2-mpm-prefork

if some body could solve this problem, thanks