Re: Problem with apache installation..!

what are you using? sarge? woody? unstable? and apt source? backports
etc?

Apache and apache2 are two different packages. Apache2 is version 2 of
apache server and is different in configuration/setup etc.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, looks like you've been trying to
install different packages and system is confused now. Remove the
packages you've installed using apt-get remove, for both apache and
apache2 and then try to install apache only.

HTH