Re: Debian Install

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:09:57AM -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 August 2004 08:27, Stef VK5HSX wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 August 2004 21:51, Michael Satterwhite shared with us the
> >
> > following:

> > > I'm curious as to how you installed "unstable". I thought the only way to
> > > do that was to install "testing" and do a dist-upgrade.
> >
> > WIth the installer, you get option of stable, testing and unstable.. Then
> > select the one you want..
>
> I think it's changed since you ran it (or since I did). I just installed Sarge
> on a laptop (last Friday, Debian Installer RC1). There were no options
> presented as to version of Debian.

On the very first screen that you see when you boot from the install CD,
there is a message that something like:
F1 for help, Return for Install:
If you choose F1, you are told about a bunch of Fkeys. F3 gives a lot of
"advanced" options. If you know about it, you can go directly to it without
going first to F1. If you ignore the F1 on the first screen, you miss a lot of
the power-user features in the new installer.

HTH

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net