HylaFax receives rubbish

Just tried Hylafax.  After spending hours to play around, I finally got Hyafax to receive fax.  However, the pages received are just rubbish.  When I setup Hylafax to email received fax as a PDF to me, that PDF is a totally white page.

Do you know where can I start to find and fix the problem?

Debian installed is Sarge, with kernel 2.6.7.  Hylafax-server, hylafax-doc and hylafax-client are all 4.1.8-13

The only suspicious thing in the installation is the complaint about ghostscript fonts.  I did this to quiet the complaint:

ln -s /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts /usr/share/gs-gpl/fonts

This works to get hylafax to send.

Regards,
Clement