Re: attempt to access beyond end of device

> >Yes, I was wondering what to do like that. Any recommends?
> >
> >The same hard disc is dual booting win98 quite happily.
> >
> >Steve
> >

> There's memtest86 which very quickly persuaded me to <plonk> some ECC
> sdram. I was wondering why testing was to, well, testing.
> Smartmontools would be a Good Thing. Tells you how good the disk is.
>
> I don't think W98 means much:-) I used to have a computer that run
> Windows 95 very nicely and was sick all over the place with OS/2. the
> difference? OS/2 is mostly 32-bit, W95 is largely 16-bit. The 32-bit
> code is more demanding of RAM and such.
>
> If it's the boss's money, suggest it really isn't work spending much on
> checking it out - how old is it? - and maybe an investment in something
> known good is good:-)
>

> --
>
> Cheers
> John

John,

Memtest is on it's 2nd clean pass & I have downloaded Smartmontools to
follow it in.

It is quite an old machine but I am the boss & resent your
freespending attitude to my money :-^)

Very many thanks fr your help which looks like it wwill be useful for
some time to come.

Steve