Re: enable bonding

Quoting Jacob Friis Larsen <jfl@list.idg.dk>:

> > But I don't know how to enable ifenslave at boot?
> > # ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1
> >
> > Can I put that in /etc/network/interfaces?
>
> Sorry, by Googling I found some options.
> Is it correct below?
>
> # apt-get install ifenslave
> In /etc/modules i put "bonding".
> In /etc/network/interfaces I put this:
> auto bond0
> iface bond0 inet static
>      address 1.2.3.4
>      netmask 1.2.3.4
>      gateway 1.2.3.4
>      up ifenslave bond0 eth0
>      up ifenslave bond0 eth1
>      post-down ifconfig eth1 down
>      post-down ifconfig eth0 down

See, you're smarter than I am :)
It looks ok to me, I forgot about this (from the man file) in my previous post:
up command
              Run command after bringing the interface up.

So it seems to me like you're ready to roll. Why don't you give it a go with:

/etc/init.d/networking restart

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.