Re: ndiswrapper/Sarge Newbie

hi ya roger

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Roger Creasy wrote:

> I am trying to set up ndiswrapper under Sarge. Do Debian specific instructions for this process exists? If so, can anyone direct me to them? If not, can anyone who has had success with this send me the how-to?

for a non-debian ndiswrapper blah blah

http://www.linux-wireless.org/Install-HOWTO/Drivers/NDISwrapper/ndiswrapper-0.7.txt

when using ndiswrapper, you sometimes have to give up some features

	- always use the latest from sourceforge and latest iwconfig

	- sometimes wep is wrong when trying to talk with a real
	(dlink/netgear/xxx) AP

	- sometimes wpa will not work ..

	- sometimes monitoring will not work ..
	( no kismet, netstumbler, etc )