Re: why not anaconda installer

--- Thomas Adam <thomas@edulinux.homeunix.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 12:22:09PM -0700, belahcene
> abdelkader wrote:
> > I don't understand  yet why debian doesn't  use
> the
> > anaconda as
> > installer. It is very easy  for installation !
>
> Easy is subjective. Easy for what? How?

OK ; First look at for example  when you install
Knoppix ( I mean specially for the new debian user )
The hardware is automatically found ,
the choice of the package at least the commonly used
a friendly graphical interface
( same thing with suse or redhat installer)
I would like to get something like this to install the
debian
I prefere debian for many aspects, but I think the
installation is not easy yet.

I hope that the developpers propose at least an iso
image installer ( as an indepedant installer) for
those who want to use it.
In my for example , I installed the knoppix 3.3 which
detects my hardware, the sound card, the isa-card ...,

after that I complete, the installation from
downloaded CD   with the apt-get !!!???

best regards

 Whom? Which

=====