Re: Help straightening out disk partitions. SOLVED

Faced with the possibility of having to start over, I booted my knoppix CD and
made a partimage for the linux and moved the audio data off the partition.

I used fdisk to delete the fat partition. QTparted would still not read the
disk so I did everything in fdisk, leaving the original linux partitions and
swap in place. Now QTparted will read it, complaining most bitterly but would
read it. I had to manually make all the filesystems.

Now I copied the stuff I wanted to move to the new partitions and then moved
the originals to a save directory. Reran lilo, just to be sure and rebooted.
O Wow, the thing worked. Moved the audio back to its now larger place and
removed the save directory. Keeping the partimage around for now.

Thanks for all the advice.