RE: SIOCDELRT: No such process (sarge networking)

> Now I am wondering if it is hardware-related; I am
> using a motherboard with integrated ethernet: SiS900
> PCI Fast Ethernet (rev 83)

Yeap, I have the same situation on a system with that chip. What happens
is that eth0 and eth1 simply "swaps places" on some boots (integrated
SiS900 and a Intel Etherexpress Pro 100S) i.e. it seem to initialize the
devices in the wrong order sometimes. Personally I couldn't be bothered
in finding a real solution, so I just scripted to have the system reboot
if eth0 did not come up with the MAC-address it was supposed to have.
Ugly solution, but workable.. change MAC's as needed.

#!/bin/bash
ETH0MAC="AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA"
REALMAC0="$(/sbin/ifconfig | grep eth0 | awk '$0 ~ /HWaddr/ {print
$NF}')"
ETH1MAC="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:BB"
REALMAC1="$(/sbin/ifconfig | grep eth1 | awk '$0 ~ /HWaddr/ {print
$NF}')"

if [ "$ETH0MAC" != "$REALMAC0" ]
then
        echo "REBOOTING DUE TO MAC MISSMATCH"