Re: GUI Database?

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:54:59PM -0400, Ed Sutherland wrote:
> Kevin Mark wrote:

> >On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:45:30AM -0400, Ed Sutherland wrote:
> >

> >>I'm one of those persons switching from a major desktop (OS X) to Linux
> >>(the PPC version of Debian's distro.) I want something like Filemaker
> >>

> >Hi Ed,
> >I recently used mysqlcc (mysql control center) it is kind of like an ms
> >

> Hi Kevin,
> Thanks for the tip on mysqlcc. I like the interface. One question: how
> do I query the database or create a table within mysqlcc? (The "Query"
> menu item is 'ghosted' under the 'File' menu.) Thanks, again.
>
> Ed
Hi Ed,
the right side of the panel (MySql Servers) should list some database
connections and under that databases and under that the tables.
If you do not see that you need to create a database connection. Do this
by using the 'file' menu, then 'new' or right click on the 'mysql
server' frame. Just to be sure: is a console manager window open? under
'window'? And of course you must have mysql installed.
-Kev

--

        (__)
        (oo)