Re: Debian Update

> > and make sure your /etc/apt/source.list not pointing to your
> > cd installation....( except you want to install new package from it )
>
> Why not? An upgrade will always get the latest packages, and install will
> do the same, as long as you have an update source as well as the CDs in
> sources.list.

Aha!  THANK you.  I'm about to confront this myself.

I just downloaded the R2 "update" ISO for Woody and burned it to CD.
So now my question is...  what do I do with it?

Can I just add the appropriate CD-ROM entry to the sources.list file and
then use "apt-get update"?

Should I do a blanket update that way, or just let it get the latest
versions from the update CD one at a time as needed (assuming it will
look
there instead of on the R1 CDs, which I'm guessing it will... ?) when I
load new packages in the future?

I thought there should be some sort of FAQ or release notes that would
explain exactly how this update CD is supposed to be used, but I haven't
found it (which again doesn't mean it doesn't exist, so feel free to
point
me at it if anyone knows where it is)