Re: Xterm, Schmexterm

Jon Dowland wrote:

On an unrelated note, if you find yourself with a spare 30 minutes
give the debian package `menu' a look. This handy program lets you
define menu entries in a wm-agnostic way, but also automatically
builds menus for all menu-carrying programs.

Hello Jon!

Many thanks for your referral to the debian package menu. I'm new to Debian, although not to GNU/Linux by any means, and there is certainly a lot for me to learn here. Learning how to deal with fonts in Debian, the defoma thing, is the biggest problem at the moment. I'm used to taking X with the fonts provided au naturel, installing any additional that I may need, running *fc-cache -fv, *editing xf86config as needed and moving on. When I see firefox without lucida in the menu, my heart sinks and I know I'm going to have to stop, slow down, and work through the problem one step at a time. The man pages on this subject are helpful but searching, I can't find a How To specifically dealing with defoma. Is there one do you know?

jlowell