Re: ensuring usb devices visibility

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 08:24:20AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Two days ago I made an update-upgrade to my sid machine (kernel
> 2.6.7). For a while I hadn't been able to make my memory stick work,
> since i had moved to 2.6.7 with udev.
> Now, after this up*, without changing anything in the kernel or
> udev-hotplug configuration files manually, all is
> working, as it did in the old times of 2.4.*
> I figure that the improvement is caused by one or more changes in
> (udev, hotplug, udevrules, hotplugblacklist, ??) during the upgrade.
> My question is: what should I backup to make sure that any
> future update-upgrade doesn't mess it again?
>

> --
Hi Antonio,

What modules are needed for it?
check the dmesg and /var/log/messages logs. I suspect  that after udev
the proper modules are not getting loaded and thus the device is not
showing up. Either that or there may not be a udev rule for it. Also
maybe the device is showing up under a different name?
-Kev

--

        (__)
        (oo)