Re: Sid and security

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 16:42, Stefan O'Rear wrote:
> Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding all this...
>
> Security team finds hole.
> Security team fixes hole.
> Security team NMU's woody-proposed-updates (exactly what section doesn't
>                                             really matter.)
> Security team contacts maintainer.
> Maintainer applies patch.
> Maintainer uploads to sid.

No.  Maintainer agrees patch with security team; security team upload
new woody package.  The patch must be limited to the security features.

Nothing from sid (unstable) ever goes into woody (stable), only into
sarge (testing) which is soon to become the new stable.

     "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a
      shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the
      trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;
      Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught
      up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord
      in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
                          I Thessalonians 4:16,17