Re: perl module --> debian package name

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:12:11 -0400
John Harrold <jmh17@pitt.edu> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I was trying to run a perl script on a Debian box and it kept
> complaining that I didn't have the right perl module installed (in
> this case the Date::Format module). Typically typically I can look
> through the available packages with 'apt-cache search' and find the
> correct debian package to install. In this case the name of the
> package was'libtimedate-perl' --- which isnt obvious given all of the
> other packages with 'date' in them. So I was wondering if there was
> something out there that maps perl modules to the Debian package that
> provides them. Perhaps I just need to be more creative when using
> apt-cache.

I agree it can be a little confusing at times.

A quick search on packages.debian.org for "date::format" returned the
following:

usr/share/man/man3/Date::Format.3pm.gz - interpreters/libtimedate-perl

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #47:
Windows, the yo-yo operating system; it goes up... it goes down... it
goes up...