Re: don't remove kernel 2.4 or bye-bye ppp, alsa

Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> writes:

> this may be unrelated, but I started using 2.6 and recently added UDEV.
> UDEV at the current time does not make a /dev/ppp, so I have to manually
> use MKNOD to create this before I can dial with my modem.

Which udev version is this, because I use the original (non-Debian)
version, and as far back as udev 0.25 this has been fixed.

Running 2.6.7 on my server.  Make sure that /sys/class/ppp/ppp gets
created (it has everything to do with sysfs and not udev actually).

--
John L. Fjellstad