Re: Mozilla Firefox: Forbidden page

robin wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar wrote:
>>
>>> I failed to mention in my original posting that I can access those pages
>>> if I go to a Microsoft windows machine and access them via IE.
>>>
>>> So, I don't think it is a proxy/firewall issue.
>>>
>>> I downloaded netscape, but with it I cannot even get to internet. It
>>> doesn't pop up for the user id required by the proxy to get to internet.
>>> :-(  Needless to say that I tried to configure netscape the same I
>>> configured firefox, in terms of proxy connections.
>
> 3.7.5 Strange access problems with some websites
>
> Recent Linux kernels enable ECN by default, which may cause access
> problems with some websites on bad routers.

ECN must have a new feature: software categorization.  The OP said this
message comes up:

Forbidden, this page
(http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/List) is categorized
as: Shareware/Freeware.

That's gotta be SurfControl or something similar.  The reason it's
different on a Windows box is that SurfControl can do custom per-IP or
per-user rules.

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>