Re: Mozilla Firefox: Forbidden page

John Summerfield wrote:
Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar wrote:

I failed to mention in my original posting that I can access those pages
if I go to a Microsoft windows machine and access them via IE.

So, I don't think it is a proxy/firewall issue.

I downloaded netscape, but with it I cannot even get to internet. It
doesn't pop up for the user id required by the proxy to get to internet.
:-(  Needless to say that I tried to configure netscape the same I
configured firefox, in terms of proxy connections.

Any other good browser I can give it a try?

One or more of these may already be installed on your computer:
lynx
links
elinks
w3m
They're all character-mode browsers, start them in an xterm window. Note that w3m doesn't play nice with konsole.

Under Help Menu
Debian Reference
file:///usr/share/doc/Debian/reference/ch-install.en.html#s-killecn

3.7.5 Strange access problems with some websites

Recent Linux kernels enable ECN by default, which may cause access problems with some websites on bad routers. To check ECN status:

     # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
      ... or
     # sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_ecn

To turn it off, use:

     # echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
      ... or
     # sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0

To disable TCP ECN on every boot, edit /etc/sysctl.conf and add:

     net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0