Re: Mozilla Firefox: Forbidden page

John Summerfield wrote:
Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar wrote:

I failed to mention in my original posting that I can access those pages
if I go to a Microsoft windows machine and access them via IE.

So, I don't think it is a proxy/firewall issue.

I downloaded netscape, but with it I cannot even get to internet. It
doesn't pop up for the user id required by the proxy to get to internet.
:-(  Needless to say that I tried to configure netscape the same I
configured firefox, in terms of proxy connections.

Any other good browser I can give it a try?

One or more of these may already be installed on your computer:
They're all character-mode browsers, start them in an xterm window. Note that w3m doesn't play nice with konsole.

Under Help Menu
Debian Reference

3.7.5 Strange access problems with some websites

Recent Linux kernels enable ECN by default, which may cause access problems with some websites on bad routers. To check ECN status:

     # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
      ... or
     # sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_ecn

To turn it off, use:

     # echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
      ... or
     # sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0

To disable TCP ECN on every boot, edit /etc/sysctl.conf and add:

     net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0