Re: Okay, one more step to installing a new Kernel

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 04:01:24PM -0400, Scott Mohnkern wrote:
> So,
>
> 1. I need to find out if my initrd kernel image will use initrd.  How do I
> find out?

Follow the instructions that were given to you.

> 2. Do I just add 'initrd=/initrd.img to /etc/lilo.conf after the line
> image=/vmlinuz?

Yes.

> 3. I have no file /etc/kernel-img.conf

That's fine.  Ignore it. When you have edit /etc/lilo.conf. run
'lilo -v', note that there should be no errors, and reboot.

-- Thomas Adam
--
"Frankly, Mr. Shankly, since you ask. You are a flatulent pain in
the arse." -- Morrissey.