Re: Slow list or missing messages

on Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:59:03AM -0500, Michael Satterwhite insinuated:

> I just received a direct reply to my (OK, I'll admit it: near
> desperate) appeal for help with gcc. I want to thank Greg Folkert
> for trying to help me with this.
>
> The problem is that he tells me that 2 other people have responded,
> but I haven't seen *ANY* replies yet. My last appeal just came in. I
> know that the list is slow right now - it took two hours for my
> message to get back to me.  My worry is why I haven't seen the
> replies.
>
> I have no doubt that the list admin will get the problem fixed, but
> I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that they may have missed
> messages? The vagueries of list processing may be part of it (I've
> seen replies to messages arrive before I get the message asking the
> question), but I really don't like looking as if I've ignored what
> was probably very good help.

check the archives online?  that's what i've been doing as i'm
impatiently waiting for replies to mine :)

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++