Re: Delayed mails on debian-user [Now mostly fixed]

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 07:52:54PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> BTW, I didn't see a single delayed message during the whole affair.  I
> wonder if this is because I subscribed to this list so many years ago.
> If the list manager sends out messages in the order in which people
> subscribed, every single gmail customer would be listed after me.

The list server sends out emails in the order in which addresses are in
the distribution file.

This is normally the subscription order, but listmasters have had to
re-schufle addresses on there from time to time.

You're fairly close to the start of the list: 690 out of 2252. While the
first gmail user is at 1512.

Cheers,

Pasc