Fonts in pdf files suddenly very ugly

Hello,

I'm new to Debian and to this list (not subscribed yet, reading from
usenet).

I have a problem with some pdf files the fonts of which have suddenly
become very ugly. Files that displayed very well a few days ago now
display and print with a font too large and letters colliding.

To get a more precise idea, you can go to
	http://users.belgacom.net/ef/pdf.html

(I admit it's not that dramatic but when my colleagues will receive those
prints they won't be favourably impressed by Linux or Debian.)

I usually view and print with xpdf but other programs don't give better
results.  Of course, xpdf doesn't give any error message to base my
search on.  That's why I didn't find anything on google and why I
desperately need help : I haven't got a clue what to do !

I don't know what happened to cause this behaviour. I certainly didn't
change anything willingly. Could an apt-get ugrade be the cause of this ?

One last thing : it doesn't happen with every pdf file.  I supose it
depends on the fonts used.  For example, the file shown on the web page
mentioned before includes
    /Type /Font
     /Subtype /Type1
     /Encoding 7 0 R
     /BaseFont /Courier
     >> endobj

Thanks for any help.

--
Eddy (enlever shadoko de l'adresse)

                "En essayant continuellement, on finit par réussir
                 Donc : plus ça rate, plus on a de chance que ça marche"
		                                 Les Shadoks