Re: Are Debian's 2.6 kernels stable?

Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
<snip>
> IMHO, it seems totally unfair to community efforts like Debian that they
> can now look forward to spending more time on patching and testing
> something that really should be stable when released as such and less
> time packaging and improving the infrastructure that supports the
> project.

Hey.. that sounds less like the Linux kernel and more like the Debian
project. Think about it: Most Debian users run Unstable, Debian has
incredible "infrastructure that supports the project" & most of us
prefer Debian over the competetion.

So, One could say that Linux is being Debian-ized.  Does it sound as
bad, when I put it like that?

-Dave
--
If you've found this email interesting, are interested in Free Software
and would like to help the FSF please drop me a line so I can provide