Re: Are Debian's 2.6 kernels stable?

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 05:30, William Ballard wrote:
> When Kernel 2.6.8 was recently released, a story on slashdot said there
> will not be a 2.7 series, experimentation will continue in the 2.6
> series and it will be up to distributions to stabilize the kernel.
>
> The story said you might want to actually hold off installing 2.6.8
> because this is the first kernel since that decision was made.  Has any
> stabilization been done to the debian kernel-source-2.6.8 package?

Anyway... This had been happening already, unofficially in the Broken
Kernel model. Knowing how important it is that a good kernel is...

I asked Greg KH about it nearly directly. Since he was the first one to
try it out.

You should really read the Kernel-Trap Story about it.

http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/3513
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is