Re: UML question

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:38:42PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I am trying to get a user-mode-linux (UML) kernel running. However, the
> kernel won't boot. Just at the end of the boot sequence 'init' complains
> about the getty's respawning too fast and decides to pause them for 5
> minutes. So, I never get to the login prompt... any ideas? hints?
>
> Linux kernel version 2.6.3 (with patch 2.6.3-rc2-1 applied).

I had something similar happen to me a while back - IIRC it turned out
to be some combination of CONFIG_DEVFS_* in the kernel config and the
presense/absense of the devfsd package...

Basically, getty could not find /dev/tty[0-5] files, which made it exit
immediately...

Unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly how I resolved it...

Do you get any getty-related messages in /var/log/*

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com   http://karl.jorgensen.com