UML question

I am trying to get a user-mode-linux (UML) kernel running. However, the
kernel won't boot. Just at the end of the boot sequence 'init' complains
about the getty's respawning too fast and decides to pause them for 5
minutes. So, I never get to the login prompt... any ideas? hints?

Linux kernel version 2.6.3 (with patch 2.6.3-rc2-1 applied).

I've tried it with both a root file system I built myself (using
debootstrap to get a Sid root_fs) and one I downloaded off the UML site
(the Woody one). Both give me the same result :-(

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

All models are wrong. Some models are useful.
     -- George Box