Re: Q: use remote X fonts?

Em Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:20:07 +0200, Ryo Furue escreveu:

> I'm wondering how to use remote fonts.  I searched the
> Google groups for information and browsed "man xfs",
> but still don't know how to do that.

	Situation with fonts on X is quite fluid at the moment.

	You should have better chance looking for ‘font server’ and
‘client-side fonts’.

	Basically, until around the time of Debian 3 the preferred
method was the use of a font server: you configured one font server in
the network serving every font under the sun to whatever X servers.
Each X server’s /etc/X11/XF86Config would point to the font server.

	But around the time of Debian 3 too started the migration to
client-side fonts: the client – that is, the program requesting the
windows to the X server, program which paradoxically runs in the host
while the X server runs in the terminal – has the fonts.

	If you upgrade to Debian testing you should get client-side
fonts quite automagically.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +55 (44) 3028 7467 ext34
Rua Guarani 361 ap 601 – Z4                    +55 (44) 3025 6253