Re: Debian equivalent of /etc/profile.d

Jeremy Brown wrote:
> What is the equivalent of "/etc/profile.d" in Debian?  Is there a
> package I can install to make this directory appear?  Or does all
> initialization I want to do need to go directly into the file
> "/etc/profile"?

Just make your own /etc/profile.d and add the following to /etc/profile:

for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
    if [ -r "$i" ]; then
        . $i
    fi
done
unset i

(Shamelessly cut & paste from the /etc/profile from setup-2.5.25-1 under
Red Hat Linux 9.)

P.S.  I can't believe Debian doesn't have /etc/profile.d.  :-)  Time to
submit the above as a patch?

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>